I needed some respite from the ego bashing that studying for my accounting exam induced so I cast on to ‘play’ with the Mirasol Hacho yarn. It’s purdy. Then I decided that a pair of mittens would be cool.
I cast on 56 stitches on 3.75mm DPN’s.
These are based on the same Jane Burns pattern (Bones) as ‘Megs Mittens’ and ‘My Mittens’. While based on her pattern, they will look nothing like hers 🙂
Both of these mitten pairs were made with Wendy Happy 4 ply in different colourways.
I cast on with the 307 colourway first and then changed to the 303 colourway after about 5cm (ish)
While giving my poor noodle a break from statistics I managed to finish and cast off both sleeves for Megs Hoodie. It’s shaping up nicely. Methinks I shall have to redo the shoulder seams (I’m pernickity about having them neat) and I think I’ll leave picking up the stitches for the hood section until after my exams are done.